COVID-19 Level 3 update. Learn more here.
Motoring history auctioned by Ford for NZ kids charity
Ford NZ's 2018 Mustang Bullitt was auctioned on Trade Me over the course of 11 days. The auction concluded at 8.18pm on Tuesday 17th December 2019 with a final bid of $95,100 (compared to the Bullitt's retail price of $93,490).
This 50th Anniversary Mustang Bullitt, was number 46 of only 51 ever sold in New Zealand and was previously used as Ford’s promotional and press vehicle. Stuff Motoring voted the Mustang Bullitt Top Sports Coupe of 2019. Automobile.com said the 2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt is "as badass as it gets" and "currently the best-looking factory Mustang money can buy".
Features of the car included:
- Exclusive Dark Highland Green paintwork, exclusive to Mustang BULLITT, matching the colour of the 1968 Fastback driven in the famous Steve McQueen film.
- Gloss-black 19- inch Torq Thrust-style alloys, contrasting bright-red Brembo brakes
- Unique BULLITT badging throughout including fuel filler cap and strut-tower to strut-tower, BULLITT scuff plates, unique finishes and green-stitched dash, door trims.
- 5 litre V8 coupled to a six-speed manual, upgraded for heightened performance with 345kW and 556Nm, an Open Air induction and intake manifold, with 87mm throttle bodies, Ford Racing air-filter and a Powertrain Control Module shared with the Shelby Mustang GT3.
- Rev-matching system, delivering smoother downshifts accompanied by a ‘blip’ of the engine, adding to the vocal drama delivered by a standard Active Valve Exhaust.
- 4 modes with the Active Valve Exhaust, on top of Mustang BULLITT’s individual Drive and Steering modes.
- MagneRide Suspension Damping System to optimises ride & handling
- Leather Recaro seats
- And our favourite feature – a stark-white cue-ball gear-shift knob and unique stitched gearshifter boot!
Proceeds from the auction above the vehicle's reserve go to Variety Children’s Charity. Variety believes that every child deserves the same opportunities to reach their full potential. Ford NZ has been a proud sponsor for 29 years and the proceeds from this auction can help further the good work Variety does in New Zealand for Kiwi kids.
You can view the closed auction here on Trade Me.