Apprentice Technician - Henderson
About the company and the role
Automotive Holdings Group Limited (ASX: AHG) is a diversified automotive retailing and logistics group with operations in every Australian mainland state and New Zealand. The Company is Australiasia's largest automotive retailer, with operations in Western Australia, New South Wales, Queensland, Victoria and Auckland.
Perform mechanical service and repair work assigned and satisfy customers by performing work to high level of quality in an efficient manner
RESPONSIBILITIES / ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Carry out vehicle repairs and/or maintenance as per the repair order to Dealership requirements and report directly to the General foreman whenever this cannot be done.
- Maintain a sound knowledge of all Dealership products and services.
- Request assistance from the General Foreman when diagnosis of problem jobs is required.
- Follow correct procedures when carrying out warranty work and ensure all warranty parts are tagged with correct the information and placed in warranty storage.
- Be responsible for the careand use of all workshop tools and equipment and return to correct place after use.
- Correctly complete all works as per Standard Repair Times Guide.
- Legibly complete all paperwork correctly with all details regarding works carried out and/or parts ordered.
- Return vehicles in a clean condition after repairs.
- Do not smoke in any vehicles and obey all road laws when road testing vehicles.
- Maintain familiarity with and follow Dealership procedures when obtaining or ordering parts.
- Maintain familiarity with Technical Service Bulletins.
- Suggest training and tooling needs to the General Foreman.
- Keep a complete and up-to-date tool kit.
- Maintain workbench and bay areas in a clean, orderly and attractive state.
- Maintain Trade School grades above or at standard level.
- Participate in in-house training sessions as required.
- Attend manufacturer’s training and any other trade TAFE courses to keep up-to-date with current product technical information
- Report all customer complaints (internal and external) and conditions that are adverse to the operational efficiency of the department or achievement of quality.
- Make suggestions for improvement as appropriate
Performance standards for this position are met when:
- Customer vehicles are shown care in their handling.
- Repairs and maintenance are carried out to the highest possible level of quality in the most efficient and effective manner.
- A low or zero level of repeat work is maintained.
- Work bay and workshop area is clean and tidy at all times.
- The correct diagnosis is carried out and the correct parts are replaced or ordered.
- Under no circumstance must an employee ask another employee to clock them on or off any WIPS. Any infringement will be dealt with as a serious disciplinary matter.
- Other duties as required
EXPERIENCE / SKILLS
- Current & Full NZ drivers license
- Knowledge of vehicles.
- Working toward to gain Automobile Trade Certificate